Our work conditioning program at Aspen Orthopedic Specialists is an individualized rehabilitation program designed to prepare the injured worker for returning to work. This program is a second step in the rehabilitation process and is a follow-up to a chronic or acute rehabilitation program. This program is designed to provide the strengthening, conditioning, body mechanics education, and job simulation necessary to enable the worker to progress to the point of returning to work or to be as physically fit as possible to begin vocational rehabilitation.
The Work Conditioning Program typically lasts between 4 – 8 weeks. This time may vary depending upon the physical demand level of the job and/or how quickly the patient can reach their work goals. A work conditioning patient is seen 5 times per week for 4 hours per session depending on physician referral and patient progress.
- Give your best effort to the program
- Discuss with your work conditioning therapist what’s working and where you’re having difficulties
- Follow the program at the clinic and at home
- Work with your therapist to find ways you can control your symptoms
- Keep in touch with your employer/case manager and agree to do the tasks you are safely able to do as part of your return to work program
Our goal is to return the injured worker to gainful employment as safely and efficiently as possible.
To learn more about our work conditioning program or for directions, please call our office at (262) 395-4141.
Work Conditioning Program Location
8800 W. Lincoln Avenue, West Allis, WI 53227