A fracture is a broken bone, and an orthopedic surgeon or orthopedic trauma doctor specializes in the treatment of orthopedic fractures. At Aspen Orthopedic Specialists, our expertly trained orthopedic specialists have the advanced education, training, and experience to treat simple and complex fractures. Our specialty-trained doctors often care for patients with fractures as a result of a fall, sports injury, or trauma such as a car accident, including:
- Stable fractures: The broken ends of the bone line up and are barely out of place.
- Open, compound fractures: The skin may be pierced by the bone or by a blow that breaks the skin at the time of the fracture. The bone may or may not be visible in the wound.
- Transverse fractures: This type of fracture has a horizontal fracture line.
- Oblique fractures: This type of fracture has an angled pattern.
- Comminuted fractures: In this type of fracture, the bone shatters into three or more pieces.
Know When It’s Time to Get Care From an Orthopedic Specialist
Consult an orthopedist if you notice any of these symptoms:
- Any sign of deformity
- Bruising or swelling over the bone
- Loss of function
- Pain at the injury site that gets worse with movement or pressure
- The inability to bear weight
We Offer You the Expert Fracture Care You Deserve
Specializing in orthopedic fractures, our orthopedic surgeons and sports medicine doctors are trained and equipped to assess, diagnose, and treat your orthopedic fracture. Surgery is often the last resort and second to any nonsurgical treatment options when those methods prove unsuccessful.
If you require surgery, our surgeons can perform the procedure you need, utilizing their expert skills and state-of-the-art surgical equipment to bring you the best fracture care possible. At Aspen Orthopedic Specialists, you will receive the specialized care you need, every step of the way—whether you need pain relief or surgery. Schedule an appointment in Brookfield at our clinic in the Medical Arts Center, or at our New Berlin or Oak Creek locations by calling (262) 395-4141 or by requesting an appointment online.
Aspen Orthopedic Specialists Delivers Excellence Every Step of the Way
Our surgeons and doctors at Aspen Orthopedic Specialists are specialty-trained medical experts who understand your concerns, can answer your questions, and know how to apply their specialized expertise to help you. With years of training and experience in orthopedic injuries and conditions, Dr. Sean Wilson, Dr. Robby Amiot, Dr. Ryan Kehoe, Dr. Lawrence Maciolek, and Dr. Jonathon Printz are all board-certified have the dedication and skill to help you return to living the life you love. Learn more about our fracture specialists below.
Meet Our Orthopedic Fractures Doctors
- Sean E. Wilson, D.P.M.
- Robby A. Amiot, D.P.M.
- Ryan J. Kehoe, M.D.
- Lawrence J. Maciolek, M.D.
- Jonathon O. Printz, M.D.