Boost Joint Health at Home
Don’t let winter or the pandemic keep you from keeping up with exercise. There are a number of easy exercises you can do from home to strengthen your joints, get your muscles loose and toned, and keep your heart healthy.
These are simple, easy, and great exercises for maintaining muscle and joint health. They take only a few minutes, but contribute greatly to strength, balance, and even your cardiac health.
Start with a few repetitions of each exercise and build up gradually. Remember, if you have health problems, check with a health professional before starting a fitness program.
- Circle your arms slowly to stretch the upper body.
- Sit and extend your knee straight out. Pump your ankle up and down to stretch the leg muscles.
- From a standing position, go up on your toes then down again.
- Do sit-to-stand exercises. Simply sit down then stand up.
- Stand at the kitchen counter and do small knee bends.
- March on the spot.
- Do side leg raises while standing at the kitchen counter.
- Balance on one leg, making sure you’re near something to grab if necessary.
- Tap-step by moving your right foot forward, to the side, behind you, and then back to the starting position. Do the same with your left foot.
- Don’t stop walking! Hallways and indoor shopping malls are excellent places for walking. Treadmills and stationary bikes are also great solutions to help build and keep your endurance.
To learn more about exercising for joint health, or to consult our total joint care experts at Aspen Orthopedic Specialists to get help you your joint pain, call (262) 710-8610 or request an appointment online.